John T. ChamberlinAttorney at Law
Initial Consultation - Call Now

February 2018 Archives

Legal help with alimony in a high asset divorce in California

One of the most common causes for dispute within a marriage is financial problems or disagreements. When the dispute reaches the level at which the couple can no longer remain married and they choose to divorce, a high asset divorce can be complex and problematic. One spouse will likely want significant alimony. The paying spouse might want to limit how much must be paid. With a high asset divorce, each side must make certain they are protected by an experienced law firm that is well-acquainted with these complicated proceedings.

What is commingling property in a California divorce?

When a California couple decides to end their marriage, property division is a frequent topic of dispute. It can sometimes be an issue that can fester and extend the case as the parties determine who has the right to what property. In general, the property will be either community or separate property. Community meaning it belongs to both parties; separate meaning it belongs to the individuals. Some property, however, is mixed community and separate. This is also known as commingling.

What should I know about grandparents' rights in California?

Child custody and visitation in California can be a complex and difficult matter to deal with. It can be more complicated when the parents are not the only ones who believe they should have the right to spend time with the child. In many instances, grandparents are an integral part of the child's life or are outright raising the child. Grandparents who want to have visitation with a grandchild must be aware of state law related to this matter.

What can be done in California to collect unpaid child support?

When a California couple has a child, but are no longer in a relationship with one another, one parent will likely be required to pay child support to the custodial parent. For many, this is not an issue. Sometimes, however, the paying parent does not pay what is owed in full or sometimes does not pay any of what is owed at all. Custodial parents who are unsure of their alternatives in such a circumstance should know that there is certain recourse to get the payments.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

John T. Chamberlin, Attorney at Law
699 Peters Avenue
Suite C
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Phone: 925-271-5650
Fax: 925-462-0837
Map & Directions

Visa | MasterCard | American Express