John T. ChamberlinAttorney at Law
Initial Consultation - Call Now

July 2018 Archives

Legal advice for property division and business issues

When couples in California are at the end of a marriage and getting a divorce, there are basic issues that will generally come to the forefront, like custody of children, if one spouse will pay support to the other, property division and more. But, if the couple is involved in a business together and their marriage is at its end, it leaves them vulnerable to a whole new set of problems and issues that will be up for dispute.

Star of hit wedding film plans to divorce from real-life husband

Since it is generally perceived as the center of the film and television industry, there are many famous people who live in California. When there is a divorce and other family law issues in the state and the people have significant assets, there is a good chance that it will involve a person whose name is recognizable across the state and the nation. What should be remembered is that family issues and the decision to get a divorce does not discriminate and can happen to anyone. Having legal assistance is a factor that is applicable to all and can be of utmost importance in a case.

Can you move away and take the kids?

In the not-so-distant past, it was quite common to live out your life in the same community in which you were raised. People married hometown spouses and had large, extended families all rooted in the same small towns and rural locales.

What happens if there is child relocation in California?

California couples who are not together in a relationship and share a child will often have issues with living arrangements and ensuring visitation rights are adhered to. As always, the best interests of the child take precedence. If the custodial parent decides that he or she wants to move away, this can be problematic for the noncustodial parent and a dispute can arise. From either perspective, it is important to understand how to deal with this complicated situation and what the parents can do about it.

Can there be a written agreement in a default divorce case?

When ending a marriage in a California, the line between a default case and one in which there is an agreement between the parties might appear to contradict each other. However, it is possible for there to be an agreement in such a circumstance. Understanding how this can be done at the end of a marriage is key as there are certain steps that must be completed for the default case with written agreement to be considered valid.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

John T. Chamberlin, Attorney at Law
699 Peters Avenue
Suite C
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Phone: 925-271-5650
Fax: 925-462-0837
Map & Directions

Visa | MasterCard | American Express