John T. ChamberlinAttorney at Law
Initial Consultation - Call Now

June 2017 Archives

Mel B is in dispute with ex-husband over spousal support

Many people in California are familiar with the former Spice Girl and current judge on America's Got Talent, Mel B. These people may also be aware that she is currently going through what seems to be a very bitter divorce that began with her seeking a restraining order against her ex-husband.

When a child has a say in child custody determinations

As parents in California know, their children have many opinions on their upbringing and what they would like to do. This is especially true as the children become older. However, parents also know that a child's opinions may not always be in the child's best interest and overrule that opinion. However, it does not change the fact that the child still has preferences. This can be especially true if the parents are going through a divorce or child custody matter.

The differences between mediation and collaborative divorce

The possibility of a marriage ending in divorce is becoming more and more likely. The hope is that the couple would be able to work through their issues, but many couples cannot do that and may be happier apart. Divorce, while it is becoming more common, still involves the same issues revolving around dividing the couple's life together. While the issues may be the same, couples today have more options for resolving their differences short of having a judge make all the decisions at a trial.

Keeping divorce mediations confidential in California

Many people get divorced each year in California. During the divorce the couple will go through the process of separating the life they shared during the marriage. This process can be a complicated one as there are many aspects of their life that they will have to separate.

Costs parents may need to pay in addition to child support

Parents in California are required to provide for their children. The main things they need to provide are food, clothing and shelter. These can be costly enough, but as parents know there are many other costs associated with children as well. This obligation does not end when parents divorce or separate. The biggest difference is that how the parents pay for the needs will change. Generally one parent will pay child support to the other parent.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

John T. Chamberlin, Attorney at Law
699 Peters Avenue
Suite C
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Phone: 925-271-5650
Fax: 925-462-0837
Map & Directions

Visa | MasterCard | American Express