Initial Consultation – Call Now

A Voice Of Reason During The Turmoil Of  Family Law Disputes

You Are Here:

When Does A Divorce Really End?

Many people who have recently finalized a divorce are surprised to realize that they need to maintain a working relationship with their ex-spouse for many years to come. Especially if there is a child custody and visitation agreement or ongoing support payments, the relationship between the divorcing spouses will have to continue for the foreseeable future.

Generally, a divorce or separation agreement lays out the terms of the divorce, including ongoing custody and visitation details and child support and alimony/spousal support payments. But what happens if one of the parties isn’t following the divorce decree or circumstances change so that the original divorce orders are no longer workable?

Experienced Legal Assistance With Post-Divorce Issues

At John T. Chamberlin, Attorney at Law, I work with clients in Pleasanton and throughout Alameda County, California, in enforcement, modifications and other post-divorce matters. With more than 30 years of divorce and family law experience, I take a personalized approach to each client’s case. In enforcement and modification situations, I know that people are experiencing a great deal of stress and anxiety. I will remain available throughout the process to help you obtain the favorable results you need.

I can help you with:

  • Post-divorce modifications: In cases where a significant change in circumstances renders the divorce decree obsolete, the court will need to approve a modification to the original agreement. I represent clients petitioning for and contesting divorce modifications. When both parties are amenable to the idea of a modification, I can help through mediation or another form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and I can litigate post-divorce modifications.
  • Post-divorce enforcement: When one of the parties is not living up to the provisions of a divorce order, I can help with enforcing court orders and collecting delinquent support payments.

Contact Me Today To Get Started

To schedule a consultation with a lawyer regarding post-divorce modifications or enforcement, call me at 925-271-5650 or contact me online.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Contact Us

John T. Chamberlin, Attorney at Law
//Long form disclaimer close on escape(contact)